In a transgender world, there are many reasons you might seek out transgender quotes:
Here we'll work through some of the best transgender quotes that we resonate with - and hope you do too!
While we don't know where some of the best words of wisdom have originated from, where we know who the transgender quotes are attributed to, we've added a credit.
Quotes are a great way of learning about other perspectives, educating yourself on different ways to understand the world from a trans person's point of view, and taking comfort in that many other people have paved the way for equality and LGBTQ+ rights.
Let's look at the best inspirational, relevant, and interesting quotes.
Top Inspirational Transgender Quotes
- Gender preference does not define you. Your spirit defines you. PC Cast.
- Everybody's journey is individual. That so many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality. James Baldwin.
- Let's talk about the transgender bathroom discussion - it's blindingly obvious that people are simply scared of what they don't understand. Nikki Glaser.
- Love doesn't care how much money you have. It doesn't care who your parents are. It doesn't care whether you are gay, straight, or transgender. Rumer Willis.
- Gender doesn't need - and doesn't have - gatekeepers. I have no idea why news producers ask cisgender people for details of things they have no experience of. When it comes to trans issues, you can either get the expertise from a trans person or an opinion from a CIS person. Opinions are like assholes: everyone's got one. They're neither facts nor news. Juno Dawson.
- Progress can't happen just from trans people being out in the open. Society also has to accept transgender individuals truly. Jazz Jennings.
- Obviously, there is much similarity among the challenges of transgender people and all women - from health care to harassment to discrimination in the workplace. Gloria Steinem.
- Be what you are. Do what you love. Go where your heart leads you.
- When someone uses your preferred name and pronouns, that feeling is unbeatable.
Best Transgender Quotes About Transitioning
- Janet Mock - there is great power in deciding on your name, in proclaiming to the world that this is who you are. Wielding this power is often challenging for transgender people because it's also very visible.
- But you can only lie about whom you are for so long without going crazy. Ellen Wittlinger.
- Sorry to disappoint you, parents; when your kids come out as gay, bi, or transgender, it is not about you. Christina Engela.
- To me, transitioning is a radical act of self-love. I didn't transition because I hated myself; it was because I loved myself enough to believe I deserved to be happy while I am alive.
- Nature chooses who will be transgender - individuals don't make that choice. Mercedes Ruehl.
- Transgender discrimination is the civil rights issue of our time. Joe Biden.
- Transgender people have served, are serving, and will continue to serve. Allyson Robinson.
- Whether you are transgender or are not, most of us will reach a point in our lives where we can no longer lie to ourselves.
Best Short Quotes About Being Transgender
- My genitals do not define my gender.
- It really sucks to be a boy on his period.
- Equality is for everyone.
- Stand up for trans rights. They're human rights too.
- I am not beautiful like you. I am beautiful, like me.
- All I want to know no matter what gender I am, you'll still love me as you did before.
- In a world where you can choose to be anything or anyone you wish - always decide to be yourself.
- I was a girl once - turns out; it was a phase.
We hope you enjoy these quotes; and find inspiration, courage, and solidarity in relating to phrases, thoughts, and mantras about a transgender person's extraordinary life.
Try Transgender Online Dating Today!